To help you get the most out of your first appointment with our team we have popped together some simple tips to help you maximise your time with us and get the most out of your investment in your foot health.
1. Bring your shoes – people often forget to bring their shoes that they regularly wear to their appointment, this is a vital part of our initial assessment. Bring your runners, your work shoes, your regularly worn casual shoes, the more we can see and get a better understanding of what influencing your pain patterns the better!
2. Wear comfortable clothes – shorts are ideal, this allows us to assess your foot and lower limb more thoroughly without distortion from clothing. We won’t make you huff and puff but we will want to see how your feet and legs move during walking and light running.
3. Remove your nail polish – If you are wanting your nails assessed, please have your nail polish removed this saves precious time during your appointment and allows us to assess the quality of your nail plate and use certain equipment that we are unable to use if you have polish on.
4. Avoid applying moisturiser on the day of your appointment – Usually we love people to apply moisturiser to their feet and legs but on the day of your appointment please avoid it, if we need to use taping or padding on your foot or lower limb it stops it from sticking quite as well and we may not get the desired effect/outcome. So please avoid it on the day of your appointment so we can get the best results with our taping/padding techniques
5. Have a desired outcome or goal – If you can have an idea of what you would like to achieve during your podiatry appointment along with a goal you are wanting to achieve this helps us create you a better management plan to get you back on your feet doing what you love sooner.
We hope this helps you get prepared for your first appointment so we can work together to get you healthy, happy and comfortable ASAP! Give us a call on 9434 4422 to book your appointment!